Columbus is slowly but surely making itself known as a food town. New restaurants pop up often, and the food truck scene is growing at a fast rate. But which restaurants are a must-see and which can you pass on? In this list, we’ll rank our ten favorite eateries specific to the Columbus area.
Here are the best places to eat in central Ohio:
- Thurman Café – Known for their amazing burgers, Thurman’s has been featured on the Travel Channel’s “Man vs. Food.” Bring your appetite, because these burgers are huge!
- Aladdin’s Eatery – Look no further for great Mediterranean food that’s both great tasting and healthy.
- Mikey’s Late Night Slice – Sometimes you just need some pizza at 2 a.m. When that happens, Mikey’s is there. This Columbus staple is the perfect way to end a night out!
- The Refectory – The perfect spot to celebrate a special occasion or have a romantic night out, the Refectory has delicious cuisine, excellent service and great ambiance.
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream – What better place to satisfy your sweet tooth than Jeni’s? Its delicious yet unusual ice cream flavors helped make it a can’t miss stop in Columbus. Try the Salty Caramel or Bangkok Peanut!
- Marcella’s – If Italian is more your style, Marcella’s is the place to go. This Cameron Mitchell restaurant has delicious dishes as well as a fun and vibrant atmosphere.
- Katzinger’s Delicatessan – This traditional deli is a Columbus favorite. With large portions, great prices and delicious sandwiches, it’s the perfect lunch spot.
- Pistacia Vera – This great café and pastry shop offers delicious brunch options, as well as several delectable sweet pastries.
- Haiku – Are you in the mood for sushi? Haiku offers a variety of fresh, wonderful sushi along with excellent service and a unique atmosphere.
- Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse – If you’re in the mood for a great steak, look no further than Hyde Park. Try the Steak Nicklaus if you’re hungry!
Are you from the central Ohio area? What’s your favorite restaurant? Leave a comment and let us know!